Thursday, November 10, 2011

10th November - Help!

I've finally put on the Fiji pictures - stunning sunsets and florals. I reflect on the holiday daily - the scenery, the friendliness and service standards of both countries far exceed our own. Niceness here is seen as a sin of weakness. Perhaps Cameron's plan for a National Happiness Level would be improved if we all were just polite and smiled a bit more. We wouldn't suffer from stress, rudeness and anger of modern life. Yesterday I went to a jobs fair in Uttoxeter on the bus. A woman asked me if the bus went to Tutbury. I said I thought not it was the next one. A woman behind me stormed, 'lets get past, these two can't make their mind up if they want this bus or not'. Perhaps someone could tell me what we did that demanded such an aggressive response. Next to me a woman was berating a toddler for not doing very much at all - no tantrum nothing - she was fidgetting. This continued for 10 minutes. That child only knows No, and negativity already.

On arrival at St Pancras, I asked the guy if the Nottingham Train behind him (the train I needed) was for Nottingham. His answer 'I don't know - it will show up on the board.' Yes he was on the Information desk by the train. St Pancras shows the Olympic rings proudly, but its staff don't want to help anyone. Welcome back to Britain Karen - you're back to the grim reality of rudeness, aggression, and isolation.

Help! - The Beatles. because I enjoyed a world where people mattered, to come back to grey misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment